Monday, October 15, 2012

Surf's Up!

Last Thursday, the boys participated in a surf camp for children on the Autism Spectrum through Waves of Impact.  I've spent a long time sitting in front of the computer trying to put into words how wonderful this organization is, and how much it means to the many kids and families they touch.  I just couldn't come up with anything better than what my friend Amy posted on her Facebook page a few days before the event.  Here are our thoughts and feelings through her words:

If anyone local wants to see compassion in action, I invite you to come observe a Waves of Impact surf camp in Galveston on Thursday. The kids would love the support and you will fall in love with the kids. I must warn you... once you're there, your heart may fill with so much pure joy that it will leak from your eyes and run down your cheeks. I know I've said it many times, but this organization and its selfless volunteers are truly amazing. Please let me know if you want to find out how you can support WOI and make a difference in many families' lives. ♥♥♥

Please, check out Waves of Impact.  If you are able, and looking for a worthy cause to support, this is it!  If you know someone who would benefit from the camp, please pass the information on.  We'd love to see this organization grow!

www.wavesofimpact.com




No comments:

Post a Comment